Friday, March 13, 2009

IKEA

At long last, I was able to make it up to the new IKEA, and, boy, was it ever worth it! I immediately walked in and just let out a sigh. Wonderfully chic items for my home that are super affordable just make me happy. And, why shouldn't they?
The first thing that I saw and loved was a beautiful table runner for my kitchen table. I've been meaning to replace my current one, but haven't found one that I liked and could afford. Well, this one was $7.99, it went right into the cart. Next, I found the matching chair cushions, another thing that I have been wanting but can't justify spending the money. These were $5.99 each, and I only have 4 chairs. That's right folks, complete refacing of the table for only $32. What is better than that? The other items that I bought were kind of boring but amazing because of their cheap-ness. I got a bowl for my cat for $.49 (yes, you read that correctly) and a spray bottle that buddy uses for his laundry for $.99.
I've heard a lot of people buzz that the items at IKEA are not good quality and that is why they are cheap. Don't assume that things need to be expensive to be good quality (Google Mitchum deodorant, nobody bought it when it was cheap, so the company raised the price and now people buy it. How stupid we are as consumers) I have many pieces of furniture from IKEA that I have had for 5+ years and they are all in excellent shape. IKEA is the best and don't let anyone tell you any differently!

No comments: