Friday, October 3, 2008

Southend Gallery Crawl


Tonight, I volunteered at the Charlotte Art League for the Southend Gallery Crawl. I did a lot of helping out with the food and answered a lot of question, plus I saw a lot of fabulous art. There was a juried art show going on also called into "Fall Into Art 2008" and the winners were announced this evening. The 1st place winner was a fabulous painting of a rooster. I know what you are thinking, a rooster? But, it really is just amazing. The show will be there until October 24th, and I definitely reccomend checking it out. The Charlotte Art League is also a great place to go if you are looking to buy some local art. Many artists have their studios there and on Saturdays you can walk through and watch them work. If you are an aspiring artist or are just looking to let your creative juices flow for a bit, Charlotte Art Leauge also offers many different classes. It definitely inspired me to get in tune more with my creative side!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly!
I like your blog,succinct and savvy!
I read about your blog in The Charlotte Observer's "EYE", and I just had to check you out! Charlotte Art League offers great shows, I think I will try out "Five Guys,Burghers and Fries" and as for the paid taste test..how can I get down!LOL!
Check me out @http://theurbancarriebradshaw.wordpress.com.
Ciao!