Monday, October 20, 2008

Enter Contests!

Entering and winning contests is the greatest, most fabulous way to get something cheap and free. Well, I enter a lot of contests, and lately I've been winning a lot of contests. 

One thing to do is ti sign up for email lists, lots of bars and restaurants have some sort of incentive to join their email list, like be entered to win a gift card, etc. I've recently won happy hour parties at Dixie's and Howl at the Moon. The one at Dixie's is actually going to be my friend Dana's birthday party this Friday night, so more about that later. 

Another fabulous contest source is Creative Loafing Fun & Free Stuff. I personally check their website every Thursday. In the past I have won concert tickets and movie passes, and more recently, I won a DVD of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which is so awesome if you haven't seen it. I'm psyched about that. I just went and picked it up today and can't wait to watch it. 

One other cool contest source that I have found is to join bands' street team's. Most bands have a link of some sort on their web page or go to a site like Reverbnation and search for your favorite bands. The bands will have frequent contests and tasks with prizes. I recently won a contest that Simplified, my favorite local band was having and my prize is on it's way. Super cool!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kelly,

Thanks for the shout-out about our Fun & Free Stuff! We will have tickets to the Charlotte 49ers available soon, so be sure to check it out!

-Creative Loafing

Kelly Tamerlano said...

Glad to do it! I love you guys!