Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Free Pancakes and Free Tacos

All I have to say is Happy Fat Tuesday! I didn't partake in any of these freebies because I am trying to be super good so I can look great in my friend, Sarah's, wedding in April... But, I wanted to give a shout out to iHop and Jack in the Box for the awesome deals today.
The Tuesday before Lent can be called a lot of things, Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras, etc, but it is also Pancake Day or Shrove Tuesday. Years and years ago, Lent meant no flour, eggs, etc., so Shrove Tuesday became a great day to celebrate and eat pancakes to use those items up. Fast forward to today and iHop is serving free pancakes and just ask you to give a small donation to Children's Miracle Network if you so desire. There's nothing wrong with delicious pancakes and helping little kiddos.
Jack in the Box has a little different thing going on... I guess the story is that Jack Box (you know the guy from the commercals with the creepy cartoonish head and man hands?) was hit by a bus and is undergoing treatment. They are giving updates on the website www.hangintherejack.com and this is also where you could print a coupon for 2 free tacos, good only today. I suggest checking this site daily to see if they will do it again... This is marketing at it's finest. I think it's crazy clever.
Why pay for food when they are giving it away?

No comments: