Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Warhol Exhibit at the Mint


So, just to clear up any confusion, that's not a Warhol piece in the photo. No photography was allowed in the actual exhibit area, so I took a photo of my favorite piece in the Mint Museum. You will know that I have arrived, when that hangs above my super chic sofa. (BTW, I don't have a super chic sofa, so I guess I'll be needing that also)
Enough about that and back to Warhol. My friends Sharon and Erin and I went and I'm so glad that we did. It was fascinating. Everyone knows about the Marilyn Monroe Warhol piece, but there are so many iconic images that I had no idea were Warhol that I truly enjoy. Honestly, my favorite Warhol piece was one that he did of Santa Claus. There was a whole series of myths, which is where St. Nick fell, along with Superman and the Wicked Witch of the West. I also enjoyed learning about the history and the processes surrounding the pieces, so great. It was wonderful to be able to learn about a real piece of our history. Oh yeah, and for free. Don't forget folks, the Mint Museum is free every Tuesday after 5pm, so get out there and get cultured!
"You have to be willing to get happy about nothing." -Andy Warhol

No comments: