Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Donate $1 without spending a dime...

So, I just found out a staggering statistic... Did you know that coffee drinkers throw out 28 billion disposable coffee cups each year? That is about 100 million pounds of trash going into our landfills. Wow! Well, the folks at Good Earth Coffee are trying to do something about it. If you sign the "Brew at Home" Pledge and pledge to brew your coffee at home using a re-usable cup, they will donate $1 to the Trust for Public Land. I signed it and plan to keep my pledge. That's something that I can feel good about. While we're on the subject ladies and gentlemen, does your office have a coffee machine? If you're drinking that, you're halfway there by saving yourself some money. How about bringing in your own mug instead of using disposable? Then you can save the environment too! I also like the opportunity to express a bit of my personality with my mug selections. Favorite mug slogan of mine? "Proud owner of a rescued dog"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!

We just linked to your blog on our Creative Loafing Charlotte blog The CLog!

Check it out: http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/theclog/2008/11/13/take-the-coffee-pledge/

Kelly Tamerlano said...

Thanks so much for that!