Friday, November 14, 2008

Giving back and getting something in return

Today I got to give back in a very awesome way... A friend of mine works at Hemby Children's Hospital and today was their annual Thanksgiving party for the patients and families. I was able to go and serve the drinks and mix and mingle with the adorable kids. This is a fabulous event that they put on, and they do a similar event for each holiday. Most of these kids won't get to spend Thanksgiving at home, so the hospital brings the Thanksgiving dinner to them and their families. It's a feel good time for everyone. The kids get some time to just be kids and eat macaroni & cheese and pumpkin pie. US Foodservice donated the food and the talented culinary students at Johnson & Wales cooked and served it. As an added bonus to the great feeling that I get to carry around in my heart after seeing these very special little people, I also got to eat this fabulous Thanksgiving lunch. And, let me tell you, those students can cook! This bumps up eating at the Johnson & Wales cafeteria on my list. I can't wait to help out at the Christmas party!

No comments: