Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Gem of the Habitat Restore


I was about to title this post "The Hidden Gem of the Habitat Restore," but this gem really isn't hidden at all, I just hadn't yet noticed how awesome it was. What is this gem you say? The book section in Julia's Coffee Shop, attached to the Restore. They have some truly awesome used books for sale and at some truly awesome prices. Hardbacks are either $1.98 or $3.98 and paperbacks are $.98. Plus, they are very, very organized, alphabetical by author's last name and in different subject sections. If you know that you want a book, but don't have a title in mind, check out the employee picks, there were some great books there. I didn't actually buy anything on this trip because I'm making the vow (for about the 5oth time) to read all of the books that I own before buying any more, deal or not, but my friend, Erin, was with me and she had a huge stack of deals that she was getting!

2 comments:

erin said...

Yes, yes, yes, yes! Love Julia's (and their food is really tasty too), love their book selection. I think when I got back to volunteer with ReStore, I'll ask if I can help sort the donations. And they had a big sign out front that said they were taking donations!

I'm so impressed by your pledge to not get any new books--I need to do the same. But when I see something I want at Julia's, in good shape (which is pretty much every time I go)...it's like I can't NOT get it. And 3 books for $5?? That are normally $14? Oh, it's like book crack. I must stop!! But disregard all that--Julia's is awesome.

Kelly Tamerlano said...

I made a pledge not to buy anymore books and that was maybe a week or 2 ago... don't think so highly of me yet, I'm sure I'll break it... I already know that I am buying 'The Shack!'