Saturday, September 20, 2008

Heart Walk, Community Mosaic Project & a Yard Sale

I started my Saturday morning off bright and early by participating in this year's Heart Walk. I did this last year too, and I really enjoy it. Something about getting up early and walking with the big crowd is just exhilarating. I also enjoy checking out the Frazier Park neighborhood that this walk goes through. Plus, my walking helped to raise over $300 for the American Heart Association, a very good cause.

Once, I was done with the Heart Walk, it was time to run home, do a quick change, and then head over to Ciel Gallery in Southend to work on the Community Mosaic Project. I've blogged about this cool project before, but I just can't say enough about how awesome this is. This is every person in Charlotte's chance to leave their mark on Charlotte. There will eventually be 30 mosaic's rounding the brick building that houses the Charlotte Art League and you too can place some tiles. Really, how cool is that? 20 years from now, you will still be able to walk by and point out the part that you did. Want to get involved? Check out www.communitymosaicproject.com.

Finally, and then I did do some resting on my Saturday, I checked out some yard sales on my way home. My rule for yard sales is that if people with a nicer house than mine are getting rid of their old stuff, then I'm in. And, wouldn't you know, I scored at the yard sales. I have been looking for a new magazine rack for weeks and haven't found a thing that I like. Well, found one, and I love it, and it only cost me $5. That's what I call a fabulous Saturday!

No comments: