Sunday, September 7, 2008

How to say good-bye to a best friend...


Hi Cheap and Free-ers... I'm not going to dwell on it because this really isn't the mission of my blog, but I also think that part of this blog is you all getting to know me... So, I thought that you all should know that I lost one of my dogs yesterday. Miss Maddie Sue started to not feel well about a week ago and we never imagined that it would end this way. She ended up having to have a surgery and just didn't recover. I guess her little body was too sick... She was only 3 1/2 years old and we rescued her at 4 months (or rather she rescued us), so I would have loved to have had more time with her. You know what they say, "Only the good die young," and she wasn't just good, she was great. To all of you pet-owners out there, give them an extra little squeeze from me. Maddie would have wanted it that way.

2 comments:

All Wags said...

Maddie was one of our "children" at All Wags and you could not have asked for a sweeter little girl. We all loved her so much and she had such a wonderful personality. She would play like crazy and then crawl up in one of our laps and just want loves and kisses. She was a very lucky little girl to have the best parents anyone could ever ask for. We will miss her so much but we know that she is in a better place with no hurts or pains. WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE A SPECIAL LOVE FOR OUR MADDIE HERE AT ALL WAGS!!!!!

Megan Van Fleet said...

So sorry about your Maddie. Losing a pet is so hard--I'm sure she is sending tons of love your way.

Unrelated note, I enjoy reading your blog, and have enjoyed a few of the events you have talked about. What a great idea!