Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Free Coffee Day at Panera


I'll be honest, I was really disappointed with free coffee day at Panera. Why, you ask? Well, I didn't get any coffee. 
I went to Panera to pick up a large order for my office at lunch time and I saw the station where the coffee was theoretically to be handed out. There was even a girl standing there to hand out the coffee. There was also a girl there from the Make a Wish foundation, and signs were asking that if you liked the coffee to please make a $1 donation to them. OK, I'm good for a $1 donation. Let's go back to my earlier statement: I didn't get any coffee. The two girls (the one from Panera and the one from Make a Wish Foundation) were too busy talking and weren't handing out any coffee. I'm serious! I was there at probably their busiest time of day, and not one person was walking around with a free cup of coffee. They lost the opportunity, not only to have people sample the new coffee at Panera, but for people to donate to the Make a Wish Foundation, and that's just a shame.
 I do, however, need to mention the shining star of Free Coffee Day at Panera, and that was the guy who was handing out free samples of their new yogurt parfait. He was so on it. The moment that I walked in that door, he had greeted me and I had my sample. And let me tell you, that yogurt parfait was delicious, I absolutely 100% recommend it. Wish I could tell you a little something about the taste of the coffee...

No comments: