Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Girls Night Out on a Tuesday

So, of course, Charlotte Restaurant Week can mean only one thing: Girls Night Out. I went with some of my ladies tonight to Customshop where we enjoyed a fabulous meal. For their $30 prix fixe menu, you could choose from one of two wines, one of three appetizers, one of three entrees, one of two sides and one of two desserts. That's a ton of food! Here's what I ate/drank: red wine, gnocchi with shrimp, chicken with pancetta and butternut squash, amazingly delicious brussels sprouts, and chocolate pate with shortbread. The only thing that I would change about my fantastic meal is that I would order the bread pudding instead of the chocolate pate, but since my ladies were happy to let me steal a few bites, I couldn't imagine a more delicious and fun night out. I would do many things for more of that gnocchi right now.
But wait, there's more! Two of my ladies and I weren't quite ready for our evening to be over, so we headed down to Loft 1523 and were happy to discover that it was half off bottle of wine night. The vibe in there is awesome and the bartender is amazing, everything that you could want from a bar. I immediately felt like a regular and that's a great feeling. So perfect.
Great food, great drinks, great conversations, great deals. What more could you ask for in a girls night out? I can't think of much!

No comments: