Sunday, August 3, 2008

Challenge Day 3- Freedom Park, Charlotte Knights Game


After yesterday’s very event-filled outing, day three was a bit more low-key. It started out with my very favorite free activity, walking my dogs through Freedom Park. Charlotte has some amazing parks and I definitely recommend taking advantage of them. I personally like to walk through the park early in the morning; it’s very calming and tranquil. There are a ton of parks here too, so I would venture to guess that you have one not too far from your home. The parks also often have different festivals or programs going on. Check out http://www.charmeck.org/ for more information. 

After a fun afternoon of grocery shopping and doing chores, I was ready to get out of the house. My one dog, Mandy, and I went to the Charlotte Knights game for Take Your Best Friend to the Park day along with some friends, both canine and human. With the prices of professional sports tickets going through the roof, minor league is a fantastic alternative. The tickets were $7 each, which is very cheap. The one thing that I will say isn’t cheap at Charlotte Knights Stadium is the parking. $3 parking is a bit much to me. I mean think of the ratio of the price of parking to the price of the ticket. Plus, the stadium is kind of out in the middle of nowhere, so there aren’t really any parking alternatives. However, at a grand total of $10, we’re not breaking the bank here and parking uptown during a professional sporting event can cost $20 or even more some time, so,overall, it’s a steal to catch some sports. Being able to take my little Mandy was a huge bonus for me. She had a blast at her very first baseball game and the stadium is a lot cleaner after she ate all of the popcorn that was lying around. Plus, Best Friends dog daycare was there handing out free tennis balls. I snagged one for each of my girls. Free dog toys? Always good!

No comments: