Saturday, August 9, 2008

Challenge Day 9- Animal Day

Day nine of my challenge was all about animals, both my dogs and panthers (the Carolina kind).

I had a suggestion to go to the Tailgate Farmers Market, so that is how I started out my Saturday morning. I am on the Tailgate’s email list (which I suggest, they will send you an update of the attending vendors before the market, go to http://charlottetailgatemarket.com/default.aspx and click on "Contact Us"), so I knew that they had a new dog-treat vendor today. My dog, Mandy (AKA the Peanut), and I went so that she could sample her treats before we bought them because my dogs have discerning taste for some reason. We also were able to get some great tomatoes, honey, olive oil, and all-natural cleaner, all local. The prices at this market are fantastic and after being there for only a moment, you will know that by supporting it you are doing fantastic things for the local economy and also for our Earth.

Mandy and I then went to Earth Fare where they were hosting a fundraising event for the Humane Society of Charlotte. For a $10 donation, my little Mandy was able to get a massage, her photo taken, enter a number of contests, and get some free samples, in addition to supporting the Humane Society; always a good thing.

A little later on, after my girls were thoroughly tired and had had a fabulous day, I went uptown to tailgate. Even if you don’t have tickets to the Panthers game, tailgating is a great, cheap & free time. You can take your own drinks and snacks uptown, which is a huge savings over going to a bar. Plus, every TV and radio station has a booth setup, so there are lots of freebies and fun stuff available to you. Arrive early and take advantage of all that uptown on a game day has to offer.

No comments: