Friday, August 22, 2008

Challenge Day 22- Frazier Park Dog Park, Public Art Walking Tour


For Challenge Day 22, I really just couldn't work 5 days this week, so I took Friday off. 

My day started out at the new dog park that just opened up last week at Frazier Park in Wesley Heights. I love that I can take my girls to do something fun and it is less that 10 minutes from my house. No more driving out to Pineville-Matthews Rd. for me. Needless to say, the ladies loved the new dog park. It had everything that they need, namely grass and water to drink. 

Once I had snuggled with my thoroughly tired puppies, I went uptown to do the public art walking tour. If you all haven't noticed, there is a ton of art in uptown. If you go online to the Arts & Science Council's website (http://www.artsandscience.org/) you can get the map & script, which gives you full info on the pieces in uptown. My favorite, I think, was the Writer's Desk, which is in front of Imaginon. The pieces all had literary references, which I loved. I also really liked the Wind Silos which are near the 7th Street Station. I'm sure you all have noticed these, they are shiny and really beautiful and now knowing that they are supposed to be silos, I'm sure I'll be hearing a collective, "Ohhhh." 

Charlotte has really done a lot of work to make uptown beautiful and even more is happening. Stay tuned, Charlotte is getting cooler by the day.

No comments: