Thursday, August 28, 2008

Challenge Day 28- AMC Special Prices


I had to take today off of my challenge because one of my dogs fractured her "wrist," and she needed me to just hang with her. See the photo to check out her sad-but-cute hot pink cast. I was going to check out Epicentre at 5, but I'll do that next week instead, so stay tuned for that. 

Instead, I want to let you all know about some special prices that AMC Theatres is running (www.amctheatres.com). The great thing is that this isn't just a Charlotte thing, my out-of-town readers, this is all nationwide. AMC is doing A.M. Cinema, a very cute name if you ask me. Basically, on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays movies that start before noon are $4-$6/ ticket. These are first-run movies too. Usually for prices like that you have to wait and see the movie at the second-run theatres. Going to a movie before noon may not be what you do every weekend, but every once in a while, it's a fun little option. 

Now, here's the cool part, the special is a little different, and as best as I can tell from the website, there is no end in sight for this special. At the Northlake and Carolina Pavilion locations, all movies are $5, Monday-Thursday all day and Friday- Sunday until 4pm, excluding holidays. I'm sorry to say, but I'm going to have to say goodbye to Regal Cinemas at Phillips Place. Matinees are $7.50 there!

While you are at the AMC Theatre website, also be sure to join Moviewatchers. This is their frequent movie-watcher program that is free to join. You earn points for buying movie tickets at concessions and earn movie tickets and concessions. It's a great thing! 

There are some great movies out there right now, so enjoy your movie watching at a serious discount!

No comments: