Saturday, August 16, 2008

Challenge Day 16- Farmer's Markets Galore


Day sixteen of my challenge was all about produce (OK, dog treats, crumb cake, and eggs too). Once again, my Saturday started out at the Tailgate Farmer's Market with my little Mandy in tow. You've already heard me rave about this market, so I won't go on again (A little... it's awesome!), but they are doing a really cool thing through Saturday, August 30th. The market is doing a cookbook exchange. Do you have cookbooks that you aren't using? Doesn't everybody? Well, take them over to the market and you can swap them. It's all on the honor system and any books that are leftover when it is all done will be donated, a super fantastic idea. 

Mandy and I were able to pick up dog treats and produce, all at great prices. If you enjoy spoiling your dogs, like I do, check out My Sugar Bean (www.mysugarbean.com). These treats are all healthy and homemade, not to mention adorably decorated. You just look at the packaging and know that these treats are made with love. The prices absolutely can't be beat, and they get Mandy and Maddie's paw of approval.

From there, I dropped Mandy off at home and headed to the Kings Dr. Farmer's Market (Corner of South Kings Drive and Morehead) This is truly a great market. They have pretty much any type of produce that you need and the prices are amazing. I was able to get avocadoes for $1.19 each, and I paid over $2 each at the grocery store last weekend. Also, I love that for most of the items there, you can pay all together. There are usually some vendors on the side who are separate but their items are so fabulous, it's worth opening your wallet more than once. 

If you have a favorite farmer's market, let me know. I am also a big fan of the Center City Green Market. I'll try to get uptown next Saturday to write about them.

No comments: