Thursday, August 14, 2008

Challenge Day 14- The Common Market



For day fourteen of the challenge, my friend Dana and I went to my new favorite place in Charlotte, The Common Market. If you have never been there, get in your car right now and go (or walk if you are lucky enough to live super close), except for the middle of the night, there is something awesome going on at The Common Market. 

On Thursday nights (today) there is a free wine tasting starting at 7pm. If you
 get there early, spend plenty of time perusing the store. Right now, they have their back-to-school wine tasting going on, which is 10% off any wine over $10 and 15% off 6+ wines over $10. They also have a fantastic selection of organic wines that are $7.99/bottle or $12.99/2 bottles, a wonderful deal.  

I also have to give some major props to The Common Market for carrying Wailua Wheat beer by Kona Brewing Company. I was in Hawaii last month and was at the Kona Brewing Company and they told me that this beer was not available in the mainland. Well, The Common Market has it. I told the cashier as I bought it ($9 for a classy six-er, not bad) my story and he replied, with a very cool, "we know." 

If you drive by, it looks like nothing special. If you go in, you'll know that it's like nowhere else that you have ever been. Dana and I chose to sit at the bar and the bartender was an absolute delight. He let us know that in addition to the fabulous Thursdays, Wednesday is even better with a beer/food tasting. 

The best thing about this place, is that they have this wonderful wall of novelties next to the bar that are for sale. Keep drinking those beers, and the "smoking baby" will be the funniest thing 
that you have ever seen in your life. I will be back there as often as I possibly can. Everyone in Charlotte: GO, GO, GO!

P.S. Dana and I had the time of our lives. We talked, we laughed, and as Mama P. likes to say, "Friends are like pennies. The more you have, the richer you are." Go out and have an awesome time with your friends!

No comments: