Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Challenge Day 12- RealEyes Bookstore


I have lived in Charlotte for about a year and a half and up until about a month ago, I could not find a used bookstore (as a bargain shopper, I love used bookstores). That was, until I read about RealEyes Bookstore on the Internet while doing research for my August challenge. So, on day twelve it was finally time to go check out RealEyes (www.realeyesbookstore.com). 

They are located in the very eclectic NODA neighborhood and they fit in fabulously. It just feels and smells like a place where you could curl up and look for books to read all day. I'll be honest, I have been to the Dog Bar across the street many times and had never really fully taken in what the stores across the street were. Well, I was missing out. On their website it says that they give books to local organizations and if you donate 10 books you get 1 for free. I've sold books before and you usually don't get much, so this sounded like a fantastic deal to me. And it was, for my 10 books, I was able to get "Walking in Circles Before Lying Down," a book I actually almost bought over the weekend at Target. Also, when you are in there be sure to check out the bargain shelves right when you walk in, everything there is $.99-$3. There was some really amazing a beautiful older books. 
 
One final note about this great place that I will be now be visiting regularly, check out all of the bulletin boards and fliers that are up. This place is a zenith of cheap and free events!

No comments: