Friday, August 1, 2008

Challenge Day 1- Southend Gallery Crawl, Plan B


Hey Y’all, day one of the challenge and doing great! 

I went to the awesome Southend Gallery Crawl this evening and I definitely recommend it. At Ciel Gallery, they were doing the Community Mosaic Project. I had the opportunity to create a part of the mosaic that they were doing, which will eventually hang on the outside of their building, so in the future when you drive by and see the mosaic of the color wheel, I did the light yellow part (see photo beside and imagine it with grout and near a brick wall). Everyone who was there participating was fabulous and I had a wonderful time. Thank you! I also went into Caleidoscope Gallery and saw all of their wonderful displays. If you haven’t been there, this is a great place! The artists are often there working on their art and they are very happy to talk to you and tell you about their inspiration. I spent some time talking to a brilliant artist named Julie L. Bowles and she was telling me about a trip she took to Paris and showing me the photos she had taken and the paintings that she had done from them. I will definitely be going back to her for gifts in the future. 

I then went and met some friends at Plan B on East Blvd. to enjoy some $1.50 Coors Light drafts. This place has the best outdoor seating in Charlotte, and a fantastically fabulous wait-staff. A great Friday night!

No comments: