Sunday, August 10, 2008

Challenge Day 10- Lunch and a Movie

Challenge day ten was a bit low-key. I spent the afternoon on a lunch and movie date, totally done on the cheap. We started out at Brixx where we were able to use a buy one, get one free coupon out of the Charlotte Citipass book. You know how much I love that book! This alone saved $10. I cannot stress enough how much I love coupons; they are seriously awesome. Just a side note, another great source for coupons is the Clipper magazine. It will come in your mailbox and you may be tempted to toss it aside as junk mail. Do not; this is a valuable source of savings!

From Brixx, we headed off to the movies to see Step Brothers (a hilarious movie!), while movies are a bit pricey; the savings here is that we went during the day. By going to a matinee, the savings is from $2-$3 per movie ticket. I also picked up a flier for a new rewards program that Regal Theaters is now doing. I’ll definitely be going online to sign up (www.REGmovies.com). If I’m going to the movies anyway, I may as well be earning points toward free tickets. The second-most awesome way to get things for free is to earn it by doing something you would do anyway (most awesome is winning a contest)!

2 comments:

erin said...

Comment about theaters...AMC is doing a terrific promotion (not sure for how long) that movie tickets Monday-Thursday all day are $5, and weekends before 4pm. This shocked us when we went to see a twilight 4:30 show of Sex and the City and the prices were $10! Since then, I've seen 4 or 5 movies for the $5 price during the week, and for that cost, I'm pretty much always happy with the result. Barely more than a rental! My theater of choice is Northlake. Not sure if they will continue doing this, but it has definitely given them more business from me!

Kelly Tamerlano said...

Hey! I found out that this is always the price at least at Northlake and Carolina Pavilion. And, we should count ourselves as lucky because in other areas the special price is only before noon. I can't really remember the last time that I popped out of bed and wanted to go to the movie theater shortly after.