Thursday, August 21, 2008

Challenge Day 21- Habitat for Humanity ReStore

Are you looking to do some remodeling on the cheap? Or, maybe you just want a new couch? Well, then Challenge Day 21's place is for you, The Habitat for Humanity ReStore (www.charlottestore.org).

I went to check it out and was super impressed. The idea behind the ReStore is that, let's say, you are remodeling your kitchen. You rip out the cabinets which are still fine, just not your style. Well, you then donate them to the restore and they can sell it to someone who does like that style. The ReStore is a great fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity. So far this year, the Charlotte ReStore has funded 8 houses, which is awesome.

Maybe you don't need cabinets or a bath tub. How about checking out their great selection of furniture and home accessories. I definitely almost left with a couch, chair, and ottoman that looked brand new to me and was only $450. Too bad I just don't have the space. I'll keep checking back, and I'm sure that I'll find a great deal for me.

OK, so maybe you don't need a single thing for your home, then how about a cool place to hang out. Check out Julia's Coffe, attached to the restore. It's a funky little coffee shop with an incredible vibe, and second hand books. There truly is something for everyone at the ReStore.

Shopping with a conscience? What could be better!

1 comment:

erin said...

Total respect for the book selection at Julia's coffee--I just got 3 large, new-ish paperback books there (including Three Cups of Tea!) for $5. $5!! I totally want to go back for more, despite the fact I have a used book addiction where I buy them but never read them. But who cares about that when it's $5??

I haven't been to the actual store yet, but I just adore Julia's coffee. Good find!