Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Challenge Day 6- Arpa


Day six of the challenge was a ton of fun. I went to Arpa in uptown Charlotte with some girlfriends. The first Wednesday of every month Arpa offers 6 wine tastings and 6 tapas tastings for $12. It was an amazing deal and we had an amazing time. I especially liked that it made me try new foods and wines that I wouldn’t normally try on your own, and the best thing yet is that the tapas and wines are different each month. I very much enjoyed the watermelon gelee and the crab salad. The sommelier who brought us the wine was super educated and super entertaining and nice. Plus, the wines are all available for purchase and at cheap prices too. The most expensive one was $19/bottle and the least expensive one was $9/bottle, pretty cheap in the wine world. All in all, seriously, we had a great time. Check it out, check it out, check it out! I’ll be there the first Wednesday of September, I guarantee it. Also did I mention the great beer specials every Wednesday night? Michelob Ultra and Michelob Ultra Amber are $2 each. Mich Ultra Amber is one of my favorite beers. 

Oh, and if you’re not feeling Wednesday night at Arpa, check it out on a Monday. All flatbreads are half price and all draft beers are $2 each. Can’t get enough of those tapas!

No comments: