Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Challenge Day 13- The New Marshall's

For day thirteen of my challenge, I went and checked out the New Marshall's in the Metropolitan at Midtown. This store is brand new, having just opened up last week. 

The first thing I'm going to let you know is that you are going to pull in and ask yourself "where in the world should I go?" Marshall's is located on the third floor. One awesome thing about this complex is that there are a ton of fantabulous stores going in (What up, Trader Joe's?), and there is plenty of parking, a very good thing. When you walk in the store looks great, but, I have to say, I'm going to give it mixed reviews. 

The selection of brands and styles in the women's clothing section wasn't anything special. I always seem to be on the look-out for work dresses, and, I'll be honest, I couldn't find a single dress. I'll entertain the thought that I may have missed something, but I really don't think I did. 

The shoe department is great! If I even remotely needed a pair of shoes, I could've come out with a couple pairs at great deals. 

I was loving the housewares section too. There was a great selection of items, however, I was looking for a frying pan and couldn't find any good brands. Next time, I need a comforter, I know exactly where I will be shopping. 

The Men's section, also, was really great. There was a good selection of brands and a variety of styles, plus a really nice suit section. 

The store is missing my very favorite section of any Marshall's, the clearance section, but they haven't really been open for long enough to have that. Yes, I love clearance on closeout prices. I'm sure that this will come, give them a couple weeks. 

Overall, for now, I'm saying that it's definitely worth checking out. The very nature of the closeout store makes it somewhere that you need to check often, so I'll keep checking and keep you all posted. Happy Bargain Shopping!

No comments: